Friday, February 24, 2012

Grilled Garlic Bread



Grilled Chicken Salad with Garlic Bread
As we ease into the longer days of spring, I find myself stationed in front of the grill at least once a week. Tonight is grilled chicken salad and (for a new twist), grilled garlic bread.

Garlic Bread is my go-to use for leftover crusty French bread. We love fresh bread with dinner, especially a spaghetti dinner, but I am often left with 1/2 a loaf at the end of the night. Now here's a fun use for old bread!

To prepare, I simply sliced the bread lengthwise and placed it on the hot grill, cut side down. After about 3 minutes, I removed the bread, spread on some chopped garlic, drizzled it with olive oil and topped with a little mozzarella. Then returned it to the top rack of the grill to toast a little more and melt the cheese. A very simple presentation, but tasty in it's simplicity. This surely could be dressed up with some fresh basil and maybe a little chopped tomato? I think I will continue to experiment this grilling season.

No comments:

Post a Comment